Vision and Mission
The Laotian American National Alliance (LANA) is the premier resource and advocacy organization in the United States who strives to cultivate the strengths and leadership of all Laotian Americans comprising of the diverse ethnic communities from Hmong, Iu-Mien, Khmu, Lahu, Lao, Tai Lue, Phu Tai, Tai Dam, Tai Phuan and other descendants from Laos who make up the dynamic, collective Laotian American community.
Source: 2000 Census; map developed and generously donated by Norasack Pathammavong
The mission, of the Laotian American National Alliance, Inc.(LANA) as a national organization, is dedicated to advancing the social, and economic well-being of Laotian Americans in the United States through civic participation and public policy advocacy.
To fulfill its mission, LANA has established the following goals:
- to advocate for social justice, equal opportunity and fair treatment for all multi-ethnics from Laos.
- to promote civic participation, education, and leadership;
- to develop a new generation of non-profit, public sector, and corporate leaders.
- to advance coalitions and community building;
- to increase funding support for Laotian Community Based Organizations and Faith Based Organizations.
- to foster cultural heritage
> Read the By-laws of the Laotian American National Alliance, Inc., as drafted by the Board on October 2009